An essential dish of Ramadan, Kesra are small pancakes made of fine semolina to be served plain or stuffed. We are fans of the preparation imagined by Smahane.KW, accompanied by a Hmiss, a delicious Algerian salad made from peppers.
From the beginning of Ramadan, traditional recipes are popping up all over the web. Ghriba, Chebakia, Eid cakes… If we have already shared the recipes of these incredible desserts, today we want to please the savory team! While scrolling through Instagram, we stumbled upon Instagram account @ welcometomykitchen123, a true temple of the gourmet! Specifically, we found out a great recipe from Kesrathese semolina rolls, which are dipped Hmiss, the Algerian salad with tomatoes And with peppers. And to top it off, it really is easy to do. To your stoves!
Ramadan recipe: how to make semolina pancakes?
Ingredients for 7/8 sandwiches
- 350 g of extra fine semolina
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 250 g of flour
- 1 tablespoon of nigella seeds (optional)
- About 200 ml of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
- Make your own kesra dough mixing the semolina, salt, sugar, flour and nigella seeds. Pour in the oil and sand the mixture (crumble it between your fingers).
- Gradually add the lukewarm water the yeastwhile kneading the dough.
- Form a ball of dough and put it in a bowl.
- Cover with a clean cloth or cellophane paper and leave to rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cut out 7 or 8 pieces of dough.
- A drizzle of olive oil on each piece of dough and roll it up with your fingers make disks about 1 cm thick.
- Prick with a fork to form several holes and cook the Kesra in a pan, until they are golden brown. Turn them upside down and prick them again with a fork.
Ramadan recipe: Hmiss, a delicious Algerian salad with peppers and tomatoes
- 4 or 5 tomatoes
- 8 or 9 red and green peppers
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 hot peppers
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Wash the vegetables, place them on a baking tray and cook them in the oven for 15-20 minutesturning them halfway through cooking.
- Book them a freezer bag and let them cool.
- Peel the skin from vegetables; it should come off very easily when you pull it with your fingers.
- Cut all the vegetables and garlic into cubes and brown them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes then let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Drain on a deep plate and drizzle with olive oil before serving with Kesra breads.
Here, the editorial team invites you to have an exceptional experience with their favorite brands during its pop-up. To register for the draw and win your invitations, meet here.