Ahh them egg. If you’ve just overdosed on chocolate, nothing beats the good old savory version. We like them boiled, fried, scrambled and we always find a way to include this food in our breakfasts and lunch breaks. And for the more seasoned in the kitchen, you can also have it in a sophisticated version for dinner. And for this, what better way to impress our guests Florentine-style eggs. Ultra regressive and greedy, this is the dish we love to prepare when we receive.
Because ? The flavors of him are always unanimous and it is not very complicated. So, to delight your taste buds, here’s the super simple recipe for Florentine eggs by Philippe Etchebest. Spoiler: It could be part of your culinary must.
Chef Etchebest’s advice for making Florentine-style soft-boiled eggs
When we do soft-boiled eggs, we are always afraid that they will burst during cooking and that our recipe will fail. When you want to eat soft-boiled eggs, you find yourself disappointed when they end up fried. While this recipe appeals to gourmets and gourmets, you still need to have some skill in the kitchen to make it perfectly. Either way, this is what we believed before the Chief Etchebest. It’s on his channel Youtubelike every Wednesday he shared his famous one with us The recipe for Florentine soft-boiled eggs. She accompanied him with a trick to never miss the cooking of these. The secret ? Nothing is easier. Just take it easy. When you put them in the water, do it very gently. In this way it is impossible for them to burst during cooking.
How to make Philippe Etchebest’s Florentine-style soft-boiled eggs recipe?
To prepare this recipe for 2 people you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 300 g of fresh spinach
- 40 g of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 140 g of grated Gruyere cheese
For the bechamel:
- 40 g of butter
- 40 g of flour
- 50 cl of milk
- 4 pinches of salt
The preparation :
- Heat a pan full of water for cooking the eggs
- Prepare your béchamel by mixing the butter and flour in another saucepan.
- When a paste has formed, pour in the milk to remove the lumps. Thicken the sauce and add the salt.
- Then make a Mornay sauce. This is your béchamel to which you will add egg yolks and cheese.
- Using a slotted spoon, like the chef, put the eggs in the boiling water for 5-6 minutes depending on their size.
- Once cooked, drain and dip them in cold water to stop cooking.
- Clean and wash the spinach.
- Beat the eggs, gently tapping the egg on the work surface and remove the shell. “When they are this soft, the yolk is very liquid,” explains the chef, lightly pressing his shelled egg.
- Put the pan on medium heat, add the butter and garlic. The butter will melt gently and become fluffy. Add the spinach to the pan for cooking. Attention, cooking is very fast, 15 to 20 seconds are enough!
- After these few seconds, turn off the heat directly and immediately add half of your Mornay sauce. Mix the preparation.
- Put your oven in the “grill” position.
- Take a baking dish, put the spinach / Mornay sauce mixture on the bottom. Place your soft-boiled eggs on top, cover them with the Mornay sauce and as a finishing touch to brown it, add a little gruyere.
- Cook for 8 minutes and enjoy your meal!
Spring cakes: 15 ideas for sweet and savory recipes, delicious and very easy to make!
Cyril Lignac’s tomato and mozzarella salad: here is the original and gourmet recipe
Ramadan 2022 recipes: these tips for a successful tagine for sure