Often cake rhymes with calories and then it’s about having fun in moderation. However, there are several ways to lighten the recipes of our favorite desserts to tend towards a more “healthy” version so as not to feel guilty anymore. For example, ground almonds or hazelnuts, oat flakes, wholemeal or buckwheat flours are alternatives to classic white flour. Likewise, whole brown sugar or coconut blossom sugar will be ideal as a substitute for white sugar. The idea is above all to continue having fun while making a cake with an incomparable taste. Here are our 3 best gourmet and least calorie recipes to make easily.
For 6 people
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 110 g of coconut sugar
- 12 cl of water
- 160 g of ground almonds
- 160 g of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 100 g of chopped walnuts
- 260 g of grated carrots
For the glaze (preparation 8 hours in advance):
- 150 g of vegetable yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
1. For the icing: put a thin cloth in a colander and the latter on a container that will collect the liquid that will come out. Pour the yogurt into this cloth. and let it drain for at least 12 hours.
2. In a salad bowl, mix the sugar and water, add the chopped almonds, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon and mix well. Then add the chopped walnuts and grated carrots. Pour the mixture into a lined pan and bake at 180 ° C for 45 minutes. Let it cool down.
3. Prepare the glaze by mixing the strained yogurt, cold melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Decorate the cake with the carefully prepared icing. Leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Flourless oatmeal cookies
For 14 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 150 g of rolled oats
- 60 g of coconut sugar
- 50 g coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 g of chocolate chips
1. Dissolve the coconut oil and allow to cool. Mix the oats very finely to get a fine powder.
2. In a bowl, mix the egg, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, baking powder. Add the oats and the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, arrange balls of dough about the size of a small walnut. Add the chocolate chips on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Zucchini cake with chocolate
For 6 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 250 g of dark chocolate
- 200 g of grated zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 40 g of fructose
- 5 drops of natural vanilla extract
- 20 g unsweetened unsweetened cocoa
- 30 g of wholemeal flour
1. Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie.
2. Peel and grate the courgettes.
3. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and combine the yolks with the fructose and vanilla. Add the cocoa powder while kneading it, add the courgettes a little at a time and mix. Finally add the flour and melted chocolate. Mix well.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then gently incorporate them into the mixture with a wooden spoon so as not to break the egg whites.
5. Spread into a mold and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 ° C.
Also try: Kourtney Kardashian’s gluten-free waffles